Terms of Employment:
- 6 month contract with the potential to go Full-Time.
- Must be able to work various shifts;
Summary of Responsibilities
- Solder and manually assemble various electronic components such as resistors, diodes, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, switches, wires and other electronic parts to designated locations on printed circuit boards;
- Assemble microcircuits requiring fine hand assembly, the use of microscopes.
- Install, mount, fasten, align and adjust parts, components, wiring and harnesses to subassemblies and assemblies using hand and small power tools
- Operate automatic and semi-automatic machines to position, solder and clean prescribed components on printed circuit boards
- May replace defective components and repair and overhaul older devices
- Set up and operate and monitor process equipment including automatic and semi-automatic machines to fabricate electronic components, solder, clean, seal and stamp components and perform other process operations as specified
- Check mechanical dimensions and perform “go-no-go” electrical tests
- Investigate equipment malfunction and instruct on proper operation
- May be required to perform other duties not listed above
Desired Skills & Education
- Completion of secondary school diploma
- Completion of post-secondary school in a related field is an asset
- Previous experience is preferred
- Must have good command of the English language
- Process and apply new skills and concepts quickly
- Ability to make quick, sound decisions in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Mechanical aptitude is an asset
Candidates must also be able to successfully obtain a Criminal Records Name Check and must also agree to participate in a security assessment conducted by OCM’s Designated Official, as stipulated in the Controlled Goods Regulations.