The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for leading Quality Assurance efforts and maintaining compliance with relevant standards. The QA Manager will track quality performance, identifying trends and determining root causes of quality issues, develop strategies and corrective action to solve those issues, and train and support staff in quality principles and procedures.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Apply specialized knowledge of Quality principles and practices to internal and/or supplier development and manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with other leaders to monitor and continually improve process performance throughout the organization;
- Develop, maintain, evaluate, and improve Quality programs and performance metrics;
- Report on the performance of the Quality System to all key stakeholders as necessary;
- Maintain quality standards compliance and pursue new accreditation as appropriate;
- Schedule and perform complex quality audits etc and initiate corrective actions;
- Act as DO in OCM’s Controlled Good Program;
- Develop and deliver quality training;
- Participate in supplier qualification and continual evaluation process;
Desired Skills & Education
- Proven experience in a Quality Assurance leadership role;
- Relevant technical training and accreditation;
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Quality standards;
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, as the position involves both internal and external contacts;
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team, and directly with management to ensure continuous improvement in our processes and procedures;
- Proven, strong problem solving ability with attention to root cause;
- Organized, attentive to detail and able to prioritize and handle multiple projects with competing deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills — the ability to build strong customer relationships to ensure partnerships and alliances.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by Supervisors or Managers to perform other instructions and duties.
Other Position Information
Requirements for individuals interested in applying include completed relevant post-secondary education; Candidates must also be able to successfully obtain a Criminal Records Name Check and must also agree to participate in a security assessment conducted by OCM’s Designated Official, as stipulated in the Controlled Goods Regulations.