As an Electronic Manufacturing Engineer, you will support new product introduction, develop and improve manufacturing procedures to support repeatable and consistent manufacturing processes of PCBAs. You will design the system integration line layout and equip the lines with the required tooling and fixtures. You will analyse/assess electronic assemblies for DFA/DFM, compile pre/post build reports and configure BOM’s/routings in accordance with the product structure and implement ECO(s). You will also develop and set up PCBAs testing, create test procedures as well as advice, direct and train personnel. Providing support and performing failure analyses on PCBAs including electronic circuit analysis and troubleshooting will also be required of you as a member of our NPI team. You will also coordinate time studies, and carry out other process improvement related projects.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; completed testing – product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor and material costs; review production schedules; estimate future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations and upholding company standards.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintain product and process data base.
- Complete design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Desired Skills & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent electronic manufacturing engineering experience 5+ years.
- Strong background in SMT/PTH processes and process development with the ability to serve as a technical resource.
- Experience with CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design.
- Understanding RoHS Directive, SPC, PFMEA, DOE, 8D, Lean mfg is required.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008, IPC-A-610E class 2 and 3, ANSI/ESD S20.20-2007.
- Ability to perform analyses of complex electronic circuits and carry out troubleshooting on a component level.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a demanding environment, meet deadlines, demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Detail oriented, team player, flexible and self-starter with strong interpersonal skills. Strong English verbal and written communication skills in interacting with team members are must.
- Knowledge of Windows, Networking, MS Office Software.
Other Position Information
Candidates must be able to successfully obtain a Criminal Records Name Check and must also agree to participate in a security assessment conducted by OCM’s Designated Official, as stipulated in the Controlled Goods Regulations.