As a Production Supervisor, you will provide day-to-day supervision in the efficient operation of electronics assembly production area(s) achieving required production schedules, quotas and quality standards. You will be responsible for ensuring OCM’s established practices, procedures and quality standards are maintained and followed during our evening shift in the production plant. Previous production supervisory experience is essential to be successful in this role.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Supervise a team of staff in various production assembly roles through lead hands
- Implement production related schedules for assigned area co-ordinating utilisation of equipment, material and staff resources
- Ensure equipment maintenance programs are maintained to provide a flexible, safe and continuous quality production environment
- Make recommendations for improvements as to how work is carried out
- Recommend and implement productivity improvement and cost reduction initiatives to assist in market competitiveness and product reliability
- Implement and promote product quality and workplace safety awareness programs.
- Provide orientation, technical guidance, coaching and training to staff to assure resource flexibility and efficiency
- Ensure that individual and team roles and responsibilities are understood; performance measurement objectives are identified, measured, achieved and improved on, where possible, in order to provide positive feedback on accomplishments and ensure immediate corrective action is taken to address shortfalls
- Ensure a positive work environment and awareness by all staff of work area specific and overall company policies, procedures, goals and objectives
- Promote awareness of and ensures on-going operating compliance to all applicable employment; environmental, health and safety legislation by all personnel in assigned areas
Desired Skills & Education
- Previous electronics production experience is essential to be successful in this role
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Technical skills related to electronics manufacturing
- Proven problem solving skills, sound decision-making, leadership and communication skills
Other Position Information
Candidates must also be able to successfully obtain a Criminal Records Name Check and must also agree to participate in a security assessment conducted by OCM’s Designated Official, as stipulated in the Controlled Goods Regulations.