OCM has an opening for an experienced production scheduler to join our manufacturing support team. As scheduler, you will maintain and co-ordinate detailed plans and schedules for products and activities through the complete production cycle for standard inventory items or for a limited number of product lines.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develop and ensure the ongoing revision of production schedules, labour loading and capacity/resource requirements using engineering and production specifications. Where applicable, ensure ongoing accuracy with master production schedules, and that Material Requirements Plan (MRP) and Just-In-Time (JIT) principles and philosophies are adhered to in establishing schedules and plans.
- Receive information from and provide information to material planners, controllers, expediters, buyers and engineering/manufacturing management to ensure total awareness and control of work in progress inventories including quantity accuracy, status reporting and adherence to established schedules.
- Recommend corrective action plans in response to schedule delays; schedule revisions and engineering change notices are updated in the scheduling system as required; and labour/material shortages and backlogs are reflected in regularly updated schedules.
- Track completion/progress of production plans and schedules; capture variances to the plan and recommend changes to support operations.
- Initiate work order and release note requests.
- Ensure procedures and processes/systems are followed to provide 100% accuracy and that required reporting information is available as required.
- Follow workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
Other Position Information
Candidates need to be able to obtain a Criminal Records Name Check and must also agree to participate in a security assessment conducted by OCM’s Designated Official, as required in the Controlled Goods Regulations.