Terms of Employment:
- 6 month contract with the potential to go Full-Time.
- Must be able to work various shifts.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Perform SMT inspection and SMT in-process inspections.
- Manually place components onto PCB’s, requires good dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Investigate equipment malfunctions and adjust said equipment.
- Accurately set up components onto feeders prior to loading tables onto placement machines, adjust set ups in software.
- Operate automatic and semi-automatic machines to position and solder prescribed components on printed circuit boards.
- Follow OCM Manufacturing assembly procedures and instructions.
- May be required to perform other duties not listed above.
Desired Skills & Education
- Completion of secondary school diploma.
- Completion of post-secondary school in a related field is an asset.
- Familiarity with IPC-610 is an asset.
- Experience with Siemens pick and place machines is an asset.
- Must have good command of the English language.
- Process and apply new skills and concepts quickly.
- Ability to make quick, sound decisions in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Rework of SMT components an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude is an asset.
Other Position Information
Candidates need be able to obtain a Criminal Records Name Check and also agree to participate in a security assessment conducted by OCM’s Designated Official, as stipulated in the Controlled Goods Regulations.